• In 2008 The Minnesota Zoo was awarded the Association of Zoos and Aquarium’s Significant Achievement for its Medtronic Minnesota Trail.
• The Minnesota Zoo’s Northern Trail houses its collection of animals native to north of the 45th parallel including Amur tiger, Bison, Bactrian camel, Black-tailed prairie dog, Moose and Musk ox.
• The Zoo’s Discovery Bay featuring several aquariums for a combined total of more than 4,000,000 l of water houses the zoo’s collection of sea stars, sea anemones, rays and sharks in an interactive estuary and tide pool.
• The Minnesota Zoo since 1978 and until 2012 has housed a total of 19 dolphins in its exhibits.
Following the completion of renovations of the Brookfield Zoo Seven Seas Dolphinarium the dolphins were later returned to the zoo in 2010.
• In 2000 the zoo opened The Wells Fargo Family Farm which would allow guests to interact with its collection of domestic animals.
The Farm exhibit which houses chickens, cows, goats, horses, pigs and sheep is a seasonal exhibit opening in April and closing each fall for the season.
Here are assorted webcam sites around Lake Superior.
Some webcams may not be active at all times, are limited to a specific type of browser or may require the use of Java and/or Flash.
• As of 2014 and following its transition from analog to digital in the summer of that year, the zoo’s seven story Great Clips IMAX Theatre remains Minnesota’s largest IMAX theatre.